When I ask people if they believe in God, sometimes I hear them respond that they don’t have faith in anything at all, let alone God. Yet these same people would quite happily, easily, and willingly have a needle shoved into their arm by a total stranger, containing a substance that they know nothing about:
- what ingredients are in it
- who makes it
- how it is made
- where it came from
- what it will (and could potentially) do to their physical body
- what affect it will have on their mental health
- whether it has been fully tested on all types of people with all sorts of allergies and health conditions
- what adverse reactions it may have with other medications
- whether it even works or not – and if it doesn’t, then it also has the potential to cause more damage in a body and could even kill them!
Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that having faith?
People put all their trust in man who is only good at letting them down. Governments, financial institutions, businesses, scientific and medical establishments, etc. only ever care about themselves. Not one person on the face of this earth can ever be trusted – family, friends, work colleagues will always let you down at some point. The only One Who never lets anyone down ever, is God Himself.
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.Psalms 118:8
People do have and practice faith every single moment of every day – it’s just aimed in the wrong direction – down, towards man, rather than up, towards God.
In Christian love,